Selling Your Home
When selling your home, it is unlikely that a buyer will simply find your front door. In most cases, you have to bring your home to the buyer. Effective marketing and on-target pricing ensure that your property receives maximum exposure to attract a ready, willing and able buyer. The appearance of your home, a buyer's first impression, and home prices in your neighborhood all affect the sale of your home. As your listing agent, and a long-time Realtor and resident in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I will help you present your home for sale with an optimum position in the marketplace. Please see below for a listing of services I provide to all of my seller clients:
On our initial meetings:
- I tour your home and ask you questions about the property.
- I arrive armed with information from searching comparable properties enabling me to give you a snapshot of the current market.
- I have a degree in Interior Design.
- I present you with my comparative market analysis along with a proposed selling price for your home.
- What you do to prepare your home for sale is crucially important. I am an experienced interior designer. I really enjoy utilizing my eye for design to maximize your return on the sale of your home. Prior to listing your home, I will share my thoughts on readying your home for the market. My suggestions will range from painting and carpet cleaning to yard work. I will be happy to provide you with the names of tradesman to complete the tasks for you and will schedule and oversee their work. Partnering with you, I will set a date to personally work in your home to streamline and stage your residence. Builders use model homes for a reason. It is easier for buyers to envision themselves in a well-taken-care-of home where furniture and accessories are placed to their best advantage.
- How we are going to announce your home to the marketplace is our next step.
Marketing Your Home:
- Each property has its own targeted marketing plan which may include the following:
- We start by getting an Inspection of your home. No cost to you. By getting inspection before listing, helps with any unforeseen repairs and we can get them taken care of and let buyers know that we have taken that extra step.
- Your home will be listed in the Ntreis Multiple Listing Service, only available to real estate agents, and as a showcase listing on realtor.com.
- Your home, with photographs, video tour and a link to the property brochure will also be prominently featured on my website: thekellygroupestate.com.
- A For Sale Sign will be placed in your front yard.
- A professional four color-four page brochure will be created for your residence detailing all of your homes selling features. Brochures will be available adjacent to the for sale sign and inside your home.
- The brochure will be uploaded to an email friendly template and sent to all local Realtors.
- I will present your home at our weekly company sales meeting.
- We will place an ad in the local newspaper where your home will be featured.
- Advertise on social media.
- I will personally follow-up to obtain feedback from all real estate agents who show your home so we can use that information to gauge the impressions of the marketplace and, if necessary, brainstorm changes in our sales approach.
- Since the market is ever-changing, I keep you abreast of changing market conditions, such as other competing homes on the market, so we can proactively adapt as necessary.
We Have a Buyer:
- Once an offer is presented, I counsel you on the terms of the offer. After formulating our response, I will communicate and negotiate with the buyer's agent on your behalf until we come to agreement. Being an integral part of our local real estate community for years, I personally know many of the real estate agents in our marketplace. These relationships greatly facilitate positive transactions.
- Once we have an executed purchase agreement, we wait until various inspection reports are submitted per the terms of the contract. Upon receiving the reports, we will discuss our response and I relay the information to the buyer's agent.
- If any repairs are needed/agreed to, I would be happy to supply contact information for reputable tradesman. I will also schedule and coordinate the work.
- From time of contract to closing, I will handle any communication between you and the buyers through their agent. I will also ensure that all terms of the contract are adhered to.
- I will coordinate with the closing attorney to ensure all documentation is in order prior to settlement.
- If any surprises rear their head throughout the process, I am your advocate and expert. It is my goal to resolve issues to your satisfaction.
- At the closing table and beyond I make every effort to serve your best interests. As a sounding board, a resource, a confidant and a real estate expert, I endeavor to earn and keep your trust and respect.