Buying A Home
Buying your new home is a serious venture. Your house is not just your home, it is a serious investment in the dwelling, the area and your future.
As your buyer's agent, my team will guide you through this exhilarating adventure. Full of excitement and emotion, this process is also fraught with a long list of items to take care of to ensure a smooth and successful purchase. Taking care of details, large and small, is our specialty. Please see below for a listing of the services we provide to all of our buyer clients:
- As a long-time resident of the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I have extensive knowledge of our marketplace. My team and I have the expertise and connections to make sure you are informed about all of the options available to you and to guide you to the area or neighborhood that best suits your needs.
- Your smartest first step (after choosing us as your realtor!) is to talk with a lender so you have an accurate picture of your comfortable price point. We are happy to provide contact information for local lenders with whom we have had positive experiences.
- We strive to save you time by listening to your requirements and desires thus narrowing your search to those homes and areas that would be of real consideration. Information gathering, whether it be about schools, community organizations, services and activities to utilities, houses of worship and medical care, is our pleasure. Happy to provide personal resources such as dry cleaners, veterinarians and hair salons, we want to make sure your transition is wrinkle-free.
- While looking at property together, you will find we are knowledgeable about construction, layout, and design. We have razor sharp eyes for detail. I am adept at providing insight and suggestions toward livability, updating and ways to add value for resale.
- If you are an out of town client, we email you listings, preview property on your behalf and send you photographs/videos of potential homes and areas. If circumstances dictate, we have helped clients purchase homes without their physically being at the residence until just prior to closing.
- When we find your new home, answer questions and resolve any concerns, we counsel you on structuring your offer and deposit, prepare the paperwork, present and negotiate on your behalf. We are focused on securing the best possible terms for you.
- Upon acceptance of your offer, we help you coordinate information flow between you and your lender.
- We will also handle any communication between you and the sellers through their agent. Being an integral part of our local real estate community for years, we personally know many of the real estate agents in our marketplace. These relationships greatly facilitate positive transactions.
- At this time, we will discuss having inspections such as home and termite. Again, we are happy to supply names of reputable tradesmen with whom we have had good experiences. We set-up these appointments and will attend with you or on your behalf. After we have results, we communicate with the seller's agent and handle any further negotiations.
- If any surprises arise during the process, we are your advocate and expert. It is our goal to resolve issues to your satisfaction.
- We communicate with your lender from acceptance of your offer to closing to make sure loan acceptance is on track.
- Upon selection of a Title company (Once again, we can provide you with names of title companies we have had positive experiences with.), we give them the necessary information and schedule our closing.
- We present you with utility contact information for your new residence so you can arrange for service prior to your moving date.
- At the closing table and beyond we make every effort to serve your best interests. As a sounding board, a resource, a confidant and real estate experts, we endeavor to earn and keep your trust and respect.